At Good Earth Water Gardens, it’s our goal to provide clients with beautiful, low-maintenance water features and exceptional customer service. But we also aim to educate people so they can make an informed buying decision.
We’re not going to be a perfect fit for everyone. Sometimes the timing or budget aren’t right. Maybe our ideas don’t match. There can be other reasons, too.
If you decide that Good Earth is not a good fit, that’s OK. However, we want you to know some other reputable pond companies in the area who are qualified to properly install or maintain your water feature.
Every year, we receive calls from frustrated homeowners. Their water features don’t function properly, leak, or are maintenance nightmares. Often, we find out the person (or company) who installed these water features wasn’t knowledgeable in construction techniques and filtration. To minimize this from happening, we wanted to share the top 10 best pond companies in Kansas City.
The following companies aren’t in any particular order. We selected companies that specialize in water features and have the experience and/or industry certifications that make them qualified. These are also companies that maintain and install decorative, aesthetically appealing water features and not farm or retention ponds.
- Swan’s Water Gardens – In business since the mid 90’s, Swan’s Water Gardens installs and maintains water features. It also has a retail center that offers a wide variety of water feature products, fish, and aquatic plants. Based in Louisburg, Kansas, this eight-acre complex has numerous water feature displays along with a variety of educational classes and events throughout the season.
- Hix & Son Aquatics – Starting out as hobbyists with a small preformed plastic pond, Hix & Son has flourished and become a full-service maintenance and installation company for water features. These pond gurus offer a wealth of knowledge when it comes to plants, fish, and water quality.
- Prestige One Landscaping – Prestige One offers a wide variety of landscape services, but owner Roye Dillon is a Certified Aquascape Contractor. One of Roye’s top priorities is continuing education in the water feature industry. He’s also an active in the Water Garden Society of Greater Kansas City.
- Nature’s Image Aquatic Design – Owner Brad Chaney started building ponds in eastern Kansas and surrounding metro areas in 2002. Nature’s Image Aquatic Design does construction and full-service maintenance. The company is committed to maintaining great relationships with their clients.
- Royal Pond Services – Starting off as a pond maintenance company, Royal Pond Services has cleaned over 1,000 commercial and residential ponds. Owners Andrew and Nick are quickly gaining construction knowledge and are now adding installation to their services.
- Blue Stone Aquatic Design – From bubbler fountains to koi ponds, owner Brandon Henderson digs deep to find the best type of water feature for his clients. He has an eye for design, but he also maintains and services water features, too.
- Puddles To Ponds – Owners Jessie and Rachel started in the landscaping industry in the early 2000s. However, once they discovered the world of water gardening, they were hooked. Puddles to Ponds offers design and installation, along with maintenance services to give your pond a little TLC.
- Monet Aquatics – Monet Aquatics designs, installs, and services a wide variety of formal and natural ponds and fountains in the Kansas City metro. Owner Justin Titus is also the vice president of the International Water Lily and Water Gardening Society. He has almost 20 years of experience in the water garden industry.
- Anything Aquatic – Owner Mike Parmley started Anything Aquatic in 1998 because of his passion for fish. Now, the company has a mission to create unique, healthy water features that customers will enjoy for years to come. Anything Aquatic will not only construct a great water feature, but they offer maintenance services and packages.
- Sticks and Stones Outdoor Living & Landscape – Owner Bo Parker has a degree in Landscape Architecture from the University of Georgia. To this day, he still designs most of the projects for his company. Sticks and Stones loves to incorporate water features of all sorts into their designs. They have worked on some notable larger projects such as the waterfall renovation at Riss Lake.
Most water features are living ecosystems and require continuous seasonal care. We hope you’re able to find a quality installer/maintenance company who can give your feature the attention it deserves.
For more information about water features, please use the Good Earth Water Gardens website as a resource. And subscribe to our weekly pond tips, which are completely free!